Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised.
1 day (approximately 8 hours)
- Refer to individual courses for pricing
This course is designed for new and experienced personnel required to work safely at heights at an operational level typically in the resources and infrastructure industries. The course will expose students to a broad range of height risk situations and to implement safe working procedures according to the regulations and legislative requirements governing working safely at heights.
Students will learn to identify risks and implement appropriate control measures as well as interpret and apply risk assessment documentation, technical and safety information as well as understand the strengths and limitations of the fall protection equipment available for working safely at heights.
Students will perform two work safely at heights scenarios using various safety systems. This includes installing equipment checking and correctly fitting, adjusting and anchoring fall protection systems and associated equipment.
- Regulations and legislation
- Australian Standards
- Risk assessment and hazard elimination
- Equipment selection and use
- Anchor systems, selecting solid and reliable anchorage
- Fall restraint systems, selection of equipment and correct use
- Work positioning systems, selection of equipment and correct use
- Fall arrest systems
- Using energy absorbing lanyards
- Correct use of ladders and ladder safety training
- Knowledge on relevant legislation and Australian Standards for working at height
- Advice on risk control methods for the type of work at height to be undertaken
- Plenty of practical hands on training to ensure workers can be safe at height
Regular public courses are held at our dedicated training facility at 2/27 Pascal Rd, Seaford, Vic, 3198. We also hold courses as required in Traralgon, Victoria.
Private courses can be held at client premises on negotiation.
Terms and conditions
Details on the terms and conditions, including refunds, learners rights, responsibility and support and complaints can be accessed by clicking the link below: