PUAEQU001 – Prepare, Maintain and Test Response Equipment
October 8 @ 7:30 am - 11:30 am| $129.00
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised.
National unit of competency:
- PUAEQU001 – Prepare, maintain and test response equipment
Face to face – approximately four hours
Price per trainee is $129.00 including GST
This nationally recognised course equips participants with the foundational skills to become a height safety equipment inspector. This program will provide you with the training and certification required to inspect response safety equipment at a basic level.
It is important to realise that knowledge and use of the gear you are inspecting forms part of your competency and inspection of items you are familiar with is paramount.
The key areas covered by this course include:
- Legislative requirements and standards for managing equipment inspection
- The importance of equipment inspection
- How to prepare to inspect equipment and set-up your work area
- Viewing various types of equipment and what to look for when inspecting
- Common failure modes across equipment categories
- The inspection process and identifying faults
- The difference between user-servicable components and non-user-servicable components
- How to identify non-compliance and recommend remedial action
- Procedures for tagging equipment out of service
- Record-keeping requirements
Each Trainee Must
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English
There are no prerequisites for this course.