- This event has passed.
HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid
March 26, 2020 @ 7:30 am - 3:00 pm$159.00
Provide First Aid is also sometimes referred to as “Senior First Aid”, “Workplace Level 2”, or “Apply First Aid”. These are the latest and most up to date units of competency.
Participants who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
National unit of competency
- HLTAID001 – Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- HLTAID002 – Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid
Our Provide First Aid course is comprised of a face to face training session with practical components over 7.5 hours
- $159.00 pp for public courses
This nationally recognised first aid training course covers a broad range of topics to enable participants to respond to first aid situations and manage patient care until an ambulance or other medical support arrives.
The Provide First Aid certification remains current for three years, although the Australian Resuscitation Council recommends refreshing CPR skills annually.
The key areas covered by this course include:
- Recognising and responding to an emergency situation
- Identifying, assessing and minimising immediate hazards
- Assessing a casualty and the situation
- Obtaining casualty consent
- Comforting the casualty
- Providing first aid in accordance with established first aid principles
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Allergic reactions
- Basic wound care
- Severe bleeding
- Cardiac arrest
- Choking and airway obstruction
- Using pressure immobilisation
- Fractures, sprains and strains
- Respiratory distress
- Operating first aid equipment
- Monitoring and responding to a casualty’s condition
- Communicating incident details to emergency services and workplace supervisors
- Maintaining confidentiality
- Assessing possible psychological impacts on self and others.
- Face to face training conducted by an experienced Emergency Services instructor with strong knowledge of relevant legislation, Australian Standards, and first aid techniques
- Plenty of practical hands-on training
- Recommendations and advice for specialised first aid equipment for a particular workplace.
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English
- Arrive in suitable attire, including long pants and closed-in shoes
- Bring photo proof of identity
- Have a valid USI number
Terms and conditions
Details on the terms and conditions, including refunds, learners rights, responsibility and support and complaints can be accessed by clicking the link below:
*** In partnership with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909 www.allenstraining.com.au***