- This event has passed.
HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid
July 30, 2020 @ 7:30 am - 3:00 pm$139.00
Provide First Aid is also sometimes referred to as “Senior First Aid”, “Workplace Level 2”, or “Apply First Aid”. These are the latest and most up to date units of competency.
Participants who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised.
National unit of competency
- HLTAID001 – Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- HLTAID002 – Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
- HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid
The course is a face to face course over 7.5 hours
- $139.00 per student
The Provide First Aid certification remains current for three years, although the Australian Resuscitation Council recommends refreshing CPR skills annually.
The key areas covered by this course include:
- Recognising and responding to an emergency situation
- Identifying, assessing and minimising immediate hazards
- Assessing a casualty and the situation
- Obtaining casualty consent
- Comforting the casualty
- Providing first aid in accordance with established first aid principles
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Allergic reactions
- Basic wound care
- Severe bleeding
- Cardiac arrest
- Choking and airway obstruction
- Using pressure immobilisation
- Fractures, sprains and strains
- Respiratory distress
- Operating first aid equipment
- Monitoring and responding to a casualty’s condition
- Communicating incident details to emergency services and workplace supervisors
- Maintaining confidentiality
- Assessing possible psychological impacts on self and others.
- Be at least 15 years of age
- Have the ability to read and write English
- Arrive in suitable attire, including long pants and closed-in shoes.
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Details of their USI number
- Photographic Proof of Identity
Terms and conditions
Details on the terms and conditions, including refunds, learners rights, responsibility and support and complaints can be accessed by clicking the link below: