Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised.
National unit of competency RIIWHS204D – Work safely at heights
1 day (approximately 7 hours)
- Refer to individual courses for pricing
This nationally recognised course covers theoretical and practical aspects of working at height.
During the course we will assist you to develop safe work method statements and risk assessments for working at height. All workers who conduct or supervise tasks whilst at height will find this course beneficial to workplace safety. This course will enable you to comply with current WHS legislation with successful trainees receiving a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment.
Training covers risk assessment, selection and correct use of equipment, rigging and of anchor systems, fall restraint, work positioning and fall arrest systems.
- Regulations and legislation
- Australian Standards
- Risk assessment and hazard elimination
- Equipment selection and use
- Anchor systems, selecting solid and reliable anchorage
- Fall restraint systems, selection of equipment and correct use
- Work positioning systems, selection of equipment and correct use
- Fall arrest systems
- Using energy absorbing lanyards
- Correct use of ladders and ladder safety training
- Knowledge on relevant legislation and Australian Standards for working at height
- Advice on risk control methods for the type of work at height to be undertaken
- Plenty of practical hands on training to ensure workers can be safe at height
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Appropriate clothing, closed-in footwear.
Regular public courses are held at our dedicated training facility at 2/27 Pascal Rd, Seaford, Vic, 3198. We also hold courses as required in Traralgon, Victoria.
Private courses can be held at client premises on negotiation.
Terms and conditions
Details on the terms and conditions, including refunds, learners rights, responsibility and support and complaints can be accessed by clicking the link below:
*** In partnership with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909 www.allenstrainining.com.au**