Provide First Aid is also sometimes referred to as “Senior First Aid”, “Workplace Level 2”, or “Apply First Aid”. These are the latest and most up to date units of competency.
Participants who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised.
National unit of competency
- HLTAID001 – Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- HLTAID002 – Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
- HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid
Face-to-face training and assessment (approximately 7.5 hours – classroom)
Refer to individual courses for pricing details
This nationally recognised first aid training course covers a broad range of topics to enable participants to respond to first aid situations and manage patient care until an ambulance or other medical support arrives.
The Provide First Aid certification remains current for three years, although the Australian Resuscitation Council recommends refreshing CPR skills annually.
The key areas covered by this course include:
- Recognising and responding to an emergency situation
- Identifying, assessing and minimising immediate hazards
- Assessing a casualty and the situation
- Obtaining casualty consent
- Comforting the casualty
- Providing first aid in accordance with established first aid principles
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Allergic reactions
- Basic wound care
- Severe bleeding
- Cardiac arrest
- Choking and airway obstruction
- Using pressure immobilisation
- Fractures, sprains and strains
- Respiratory distress
- Operating first aid equipment
- Monitoring and responding to a casualty’s condition
- Communicating incident details to emergency services and workplace supervisors
- Maintaining confidentiality
- Assessing possible psychological impacts on self and others.
Each Trainee Must
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English
- Arrive in suitable attire, including long pants and closed-in shoes.
Regular public courses are held at our dedicated training facility at 2/27 Pascal Rd, Seaford, Vic, 3198. We also hold courses as required in Traralgon, Victoria.
Private courses can be held at client premises on negotiation.
Terms and conditions
Details on the terms and conditions, including refunds, learners rights, responsibility and support and complaints can be accessed by clicking the link below:
*** In partnership with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909 www.allenstrainining.com.au**