Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised.
National units of competency
RIIWHS202D – Enter and work in confined spaces
1 day (approximately 7 hours)
- Refer to individual courses for pricing
Note: This is our basic course which gives you the skills to review a risk assessment, enter a confined space in accordance with an issued permit to conduct work, and act as a standby person.
This nationally recognised training course is designed for people who work in or around confined spaces. The course can be tailored to suit the practical scenarios relevant to your company’s confined space operations. While there is a standard set of learning outcomes for the course, we understand that the context and environment in which the learning is applied is varied. It is designed to teach participants how to:
- Identify confined space hazards
- Work safely within confined spaces according to an issued permit
- Operate various confined space safety equipment.
Examples of confined spaces include (but are not limited to):
- Storage tanks
- Tank cars
- Process vessels
- Pressure vessels
- Silos and other tank-like compartments
- Pits and degreasers
- Sewer pump stations including wet and dry wells, shafts and ducts
- Shipboard spaces entered through small hatchways or access points, cargo tanks, cellular double bottom tanks, duct keels, ballast or oil tanks and void spaces
- Identifying confined spaces
- Identification and control of hazards
- Australian Standards and relevant legislation
- Roles and responsibilities of management and employees
- Case studies
- Risk assessments and hierarchy of hazard controls
- Work to a confined space permit
- Work site policy and procedures
- Write work plans and risk assessments
- Lockout and tag out methods of isolation
- Fall protection equipment
- Practical entry into a confined space
- Safety and emergency procedures
- Confined space refresher training is recommended every 12-24 months under Australian Standard AS2865-2009.
- Training conducted by experienced confined space specialist
- Knowledge on relevant legislation and Australian Standards for confined spaces
- Advice on risk control methods for the type of work to be undertaken
- Plenty of practical hands on training to ensure workers can be safe and conform to relevant standards and legislation
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Appropriate clothing, closed in footwear.
Regular public courses are held at our dedicated training facility at 2/27 Pascal Rd, Seaford, Vic, 3198. We also hold courses as required in Traralgon, Victoria.
Private courses can be held at client premises on negotiation.
Terms and conditions
Details on the terms and conditions, including refunds, learners rights, responsibility and support and complaints can be accessed by clicking the link below:
*** In partnership with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909 www.allenstrainining.com.au**